Women's Health Issues (WHI) is a peer-reviewed, bimonthly, multidisciplinary journal that publishes research and review manuscripts related to women's health care and policy. As the official journal of the Jacobs Institute of Women's Health, it is dedicated to improving the health and health care of all women throughout the lifespan and in diverse communities. The journal seeks to inform health services researchers, health care and public health professionals, social scientists, policymakers, and others concerned with women's health
WHI invites manuscripts reporting the results of original research on topics in women's health care and policy related to diverse health conditions and issues. The Journal is particularly interested in receiving original manuscripts that contribute to our understanding of:
- Racial/ethnic and socioeconomic disparities in women's access to services and use of health services
- Rural women's health and health care patterns
- Patient and provider factors affecting women's screening and preventive services
- Women's access to, and use of, health information sources
- Providers' awareness of gender-based evidence for preventive and treatment practices
- Organizational, provider, and patient determinants of quality of care for women
- Agenda-setting and implementation of policies related to women's health and health care
- Evaluation of integrated health care programs for women
Questions about the appropriateness of a topic for Women's Health Issues may be directed to the editor at .
Click here for the Table of Contents for this month's issue.
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the editor, Carol S. Weisman, PhD, at the following email address: . The electronic copy should include the title page, abstract, manuscript including references, and all tables and figures. Please specify the software and version used (e.g., MS Word 2000, Word Perfect 6.1).
When electronic submission is unavailable, manuscripts may be submitted at the following address:
D. Richard Mauery, MS, MPH
Associate Managing Editor, Women's Health Issues
Jacobs Institute of Women's Health
2021 K Street, NW- Suite 800
Washington, DC 20006
Manuscripts submitted in hard copy must also be submitted with an electronic copy on disk. The electronic copy should include the abstract, manuscript including references, and all figures and tables. Please specify the software and version used (e.g., MS Word 2000, Word-Perfect 6.1). The hard copy and electronic copy should match exactly. In the event that a disk cannot be converted, the hard copy version will be used. Please see our Author Instructions below for more information regarding manuscript submission.
Click here to purchase a copy of Women's Health Issues.
For copyright permission, please contact our publisher, Elsevier Inc., at or by fax at 215-238-2239.